Our old long-running membership system has now been converted to the U3A Membership Administration System (U-MAS) which is used by more than fifty U3As in Australia.
The new system enables people to join our U3A and allows members to perform the online tasks of renewing membership, updating personal details, enrolling in courses using a preference-based system, and making payments.
Members converted from our old system retain their existing member ID numbers, but they will need to reset their passwords and confirm their personal details on first using U-MAS.
Some Key Features
- You can display courses the way you choose, e.g. by term, category, day of the week, or alphabetically. So, if you have particular interests or prefer particular days of the week, making your enrolment choices will be easy.
- You may now apply to enrol in any ten courses in a term rather than five one-day courses and five longer courses.
- Payments may be made directly via a PayPal account, credit card or debit card. Cheque payments will continue to be accepted.
- The system facilitates smooth operation on desktop and laptop computers, tablets and smartphones.
- Course leaders and Committee members are able to email attachments to members.
The Course Booklet contains details of our courses. A companion document entitled The Wise Owl is an emailed newsletter that keeps members abreast of what is happening at U3A Southern Highlands.
Enrolling in Courses
You may make your choice of courses by using the “filter” to restrict the offerings to a day of the week or subject category, or you can browse through the list alphabetically.
When you have decided on courses you would like to attend, there is a system similar to that used when you purchase goods online, i.e. you will click on a course and then click “add to cart” and, when all your choices have been registered, click on “checkout”. At the end of the enrolment period, the preference system will be processed to determine those courses in which you have successfully enrolled.
Help and Training
While many members will find the use of U-MAS self-explanatory, there may be some who would like assistance.
Our website contains written instructions with examples taken from U-MAS.
Click here for help in using specific functions of our membership system.
Training sessions will be offered before Term 2 enrolment periods, and members will be notified of times and dates.
Our Committee members will be available for contact if you have questions or need help in specific areas. Their contact details are on the Contact Us page of our website.
We hope you enjoy our new modern and efficient website and membership system.