Thank you for your interest in joining U3A Southern Highlands. Membership is open to retired or semi-retired people who accept our Constitution.
No formal academic qualifications are required. Membership includes the right to enrol in courses, attend events during the year, and access our quarterly “Wise Owl” newsletter that contains descriptions of our courses for the term.
Please note that due to COVID 19, some of our courses are presented via the internet. A contact email address and access to the internet is necessary to enrol in those courses.
- Our annual membership fee is $45 per person(January–December). If you choose to have the newsletter “Wise Owl” mailed to you, there is an additional cost of $16.
- If you join after 20th May, the membership fee is half the annual fee.
- A couple at the same address requiring “Wise Owl” mailed to them, should pay $106 ($45 plus $61) to receive one copy of the “Wise Owl” by post ($53 if joining after 20th May).
- You may join online or by post using the hard copy membership form.
(i) To apply for membership for a PARTNER of an existing member, please click HERE
(ii) In all other cases:
- Please click HERE to apply online using our website.
- NOTE: BEFORE you submit your application, you must write down your ID number and Password.
BEFORE PAYING: GENERATE YOUR PAYMENT REFERENCE NUMBER (PRN)
1. Select “Member Login” on the U3A website (sohiu3a.org.au) then sign in using your ID Number and Password.
2. Then, on the Menu Page, select ‘Member Payments’
3. When the page comes up click on “INSTRUCTIONS”
4. Read the instructions and obtain a Payment Reference Number (PRN) to assist us in identifying your payment.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR PAYMENT BY DIRECT DEPOSIT (the preferred option.)
- Pay into U3A’s bank account BSB: 802 101 Account No: 357162
Account Name: U3A Southern Highlands Inc.
(Note:If you bank with BDCU the Account No is 357162S5)
2. Next, type your Payment Reference Number (generated by mechanism described in “INSTRUCTIONS” on the Member Payments webpage) into any reference boxes on your screen. (e.g. PRN: 1025).
Our volunteers usually process your payment within five banking business days.
JOINING BY HARD COPY MEMBERSHIP FORM
- Please click MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM to download the application form.
- Alternatively, email the Membership Co-ordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a form be sent to you. Include your postal address or phone no. in your email.
- Fill out the form, include a password you have chosen in the relevant box and post it back to PO BOX 421 BOWRAL NSW 2576.
- If paying by cheque, enclose your cheque when returning your Membership Application Form. Mark your surname clearly on the back of the cheque.
To pay by Direct Deposit, you must wait until you receive your ID number in the mail
- See BEFORE PAYING and HOW TO MAKE YOUR PAYMENT (above)
- Hard copy membership is usually processed within 10 banking business days.
- Please do not ask someone else to pay by direct deposit on your behalf as it makes tracking very difficult.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER PAYMENT
- Once payment is received, you will be sent a welcome letter together with a name tag.
- Please wear the name tag to all U3A courses and activities.